- Melde’s Vibrating String experiment is an elegant way to introduce students to the concept of standing waves.
- The apparatus consists of a string and an oscillator to generate different frequencies.
- Melde’s experiment is ideal to study the behavior of standing waves.
- Students can even visually determine wavelength, period and amplitude of waves.
- Melde's Vibrating String Apparatus is great for demonstrating wave phenomena.
- Adjustable tension to create standing waves of different wavelength.
- Simple to use, tension adjustable via placement of masses in a hanging tray.
- The frequency of the apparatus will depend upon the input frequency of the input supply. This apparatus needs voltage up to 6V AC as input. It will work on both 50Hz as well as 60Hz depending on input.
- Designed for use in professional laboratories but is an ideal choice for science classrooms and household use.
- If you need custom order with different sizes/design, please contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.